9-Hot Take


 9 (2009 US) from producer Tim Burton comes this post apocalyptical animated feature about a rag-doll/robot who awakens to find that humanity is gone. 9 and his buddies try to figure out the mystery. I watched this with my the 9 year old daughter. I figured hey its a cartoon. It will be fine for kiddos. Nope. She hated it and said it was too scary. Years later she is still Salty about that. I will likely be paying for therapy because of this film. However, if you're not 9 years old you will likely enjoy this. The animation is CGI but it really has a stop motion vibe. The production design is dark, you know being post-apocalyptic and all. I'm not a big fan of post op and I talk about why in my scifi tab https://tinyurl.com/4zs3x6au. But a little bit of the right stuff doesnt hurt. Moderation is key. The story is dark as well. Yeah to be expected. It has a deep bench  (lots of talent). Critics hated it; 58% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think that's a bit low. Say what you will its different and that may be the issue with critics. I'm only seeing it for rent on most streaming right now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take