Love Fest February


 Fire Island (2022 US) A group of queer friends meet at Fire Island for their annual romp. This film stars the incredibly talented comedian Bowen Yang from SNL. I’m a big Yang fan and although he’s much more subdued here than he is on SNL he still rocks his role as a gay man trying to sort out love. There was just something about this film that reminded me of summer as a kid. Freedom, Play, Love and of course drama but in a fun way. True story; I met a lesbian couple at a conference once who was trying to sell their LGBTQ script. I said something like, “that’s great! I loved Fire Island and and would love to see more like that”. OMG! They rolled their eyes and mumbled something and left. To this day I have no idea what their problem was. Maybe Fire Island wasn’t gay enough? IDK! All I know is they were gatekeeping. So in honor of the gatekeepers, here is me saying “It was fun. Go watch it.” And ffs don’t ever gatekeep. Find it on Hulu. Not seeing it for rent. Please Like Share and Subscribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take