Bee Movie - Hot Gen Z Take


 Bee Movie (2007 US) A bee frustrated with the corporate grind in the hive goes on an adventure in New York where he meets a woman and they start dating. Yeah, you totally read that right. Brought to you mostly be Jerry Seinfeld this comedy animation is now an iconic chapter in the ever evolving book of pop culture. I was speaking with a few Gen Z'ers a while back and they were gaga over this film. I was like "Bee Movie? The one with Jerry Seinfeld?" Well I was confused. Critics hated it and they still do. Rotten Tomatoes has given it a 48% rating. Near as I can tell, Gen Z loves it. It is weirdly prophetic and just plain weird which Gen Z loves BTW. Surrealism is their jam. So I watched it again through the prism of Gen Z and all that they have been through and yet to have to go through. Yup, Yup I can see why they like it. It really speaks to their experiences and concerns. Huh who 'da thunk it?  Never has a character spoken to a generation since Bill and Ted said, "Bee excellent to each other". LMAO see what I did there? "Bee excellent" ? Sigh, I will shut up now. BTW the film is nothing but wordplay and Dad jokes. It's also a meme factory. Find it on HBO or for rent on most streaming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take