The March of Oscar


 Fargo (1996 US UK) Joel an Ethan Cohen brought us all this fantastic Neo Noir/Black comedy that has been chosen to be preserved by the Library of Congress. Thank God for that! Frances McDormand stars as a pregnant cop assigned to investigate a murder. This film oh this film is still one of my favorites. A cop investigating a murder is nothing new but a pregnant cop with morning sickness in the Midwest winter is quite unique. The jokes, and there were many, were so understated that you may have missed them so watch it again. The Cohen Bros had made an earlier neo noir with McDormand (Blood Simple) so they knew the drill with Noir. Some call this straight up Black Comedy but I say its a blend. How do you blend comedy and noir? Well like this silly. Now here is the kicker, this film that inspired so many filmmakers, was well done, unique and memorable LOST to the English Patient for best picture. Respect to the English Patient but I could only watch half of it before I was done. I still haven't finished it. Just way too miserable and nothing to grasp on to and soooo boring. I remember the back lash after that was not pretty. I think this is where the notion that the Oscar were irrelevant really started to gain steam. It certainly was for me. I quit watching. Find Fargo on Hulu, Paramount and available to rent on most streaming. Also, FX Network has a Fargo series from the Cohen Bros. I love this show. Find that on Hulu. Please Like Share and Subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take