The March of Oscar


 Triangle of Sadness (2022) An influencer couple goes on a luxury cruise which runs into a lot of trouble. Things go terribly wrong on this cruise and fair warning, it gets ugly. Real ugly. Triangle is nominated for best picture and best director. The whole point of the film is to roast people that have an elevated status by virtue of X. The X is usually money but not always. At first I thought they were going to roast the influencer couple exclusively but nope, writer/director Ruben Ostlund opened it up to all people in the elevated status in the second act and it aint pretty. I totally get what Ostund was going for but...all I could think about was this is a popular theme right now and I know other films whom I think did it better. I think its Black Comedy but others put this in Satirical Comedy. Hmmmm... Probably both. Ostlund was clearly trying to get a reaction out of the audience. It worked. TBH I had to turn away from the screen at certain points cuz I couldn't handle the sway of the boat. Glad I didn't see this in theaters. This film is being roasted on Twitter right now with some pretty funny memes. I'm sure other platforms will get to it too. At the very least its unique not only in the story but how it was told. I don't think it will win that much though. But if you see it you will remember it. BTW the actress who played one of the influencers, Charbi Dean, passed away after this and this is her last role. Too bad cuz she did great and had a shining career ahead of her. find it on Hulu or for rent on most streaming. Please Like Share and Subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take