The March of Oscar


 Parasite (2019 S KR) An impoverished family schemes to work for a wealthy family. Things don't go well.  Director writer Bong Joon Ho had a lot to say about South Korean society with this very dark "comedy". This is a brilliant film and I'm glad it was recognized by the Academy with a best picture award. Bong is a genius when it comes to framing. I heard the term awhile ago Sacred Geometry. I know it does not apply here but I'm just going to pretend it does and say that Bong incorporated Sacred Geometry to inform his audience. Watch the film and pause it. Look at the geometry of the shot. It makes a huge difference in your sub conscious and emotional responses to the film. Its a lot of work and planning. I can assure you the process was daunting. Bong is known for tone changes and wow this one had a doozy of a tone change so beware. I'm a fan of his work and if you are interested he did an outstanding Kaiju film called The Host (2006). The thought was the Bong opened up a door for South Korean filmmakers to have a seat at the Academy table but nope. The neo-noir film "Decision To Leave" by Park Chan-Wook was completely snubbed this year. Its an Oscar caliber film. If you cant tell, my panties are in a bunch over that. Find it on Hulu. If you like my content, Please Like Share and Subscribe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take