Love Fest February

 

Warm Bodies (2013 US) here is a different one for you, romance/horror. A zombie and a regular human fall in love. This may seem weird and you would be right. Writer director Jonathan Levine does a good job making the allegory of modern life. The one thing I noticed most was the connection between working in a corporate office environment and being a zombie. Yup, yup, yup nailed it. Most scholars equate the effect of technology on humanity and zombies. However, Levine expands on that concept pointing out how love transcends all. I’m not a zombie fan especially the zombie apocalypse. As I said before I think it’s been harmful, gratuitous and toxic. I knew someone who had a sincerely held belief that the zombie apocalypse would happen. BUT being a clear allegory makes it more positive especially having a lovely end. I enjoyed it. Find it on Peacock and for rent on most streaming. Please Like Share and subscribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take