Love Fest February


 It’s and todays entry is The Fare (2018 US). Produced, written and starring Brinna Kelly. A cab driver and a passenger are stuck in a time loop. The internet is calling this a sci-fi romance. I feel like they didn’t watch it because it’s a fantasy romance and clearly so despite the time loop. If I elaborate any further I will spoil it and I don’t want to do that. I just love this film. The romance doesn’t jump out at you at first. It takes a bit but it is so worth it. Kelly and director D C Hamilton scraped together a whopping $35k for a budget and went for it. For such a low budget execution was pretty good. I think my only real complaint was the dispatcher was a bit over the top. I appreciate a clever film that has a good idea and good execution. Find it on Amazon and Tubi and a bunch of other platforms. Apple TV has it for rent at .99.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bound- Noir Hot Take

Shrek-Hot Take

Brick-Noir Hot Take